Modificado en: Jue, 7 Ago, 2014 at 12:38 P. M.
Add Activity Monitor to exclusions in AVG Antivirus 2013
AVG Antivirus 2013 may detect Activity Monitor Agent on the monitored computer as Potentially Unwanted Program(PUP) threat. In fact, there is no virus in Activity Monitor software. It only does what is declared in its features described on the website.
To prevent AVG Antivirus 2013 from detecting this threat you will need to exclude Activity Monitor Agent’s installation folder from scans following instructions below.
Instructions below are only for version 7 or newer of Activity Monitor. Update to the latest version here
Follow the steps below to exclude Activity Monitor Agent folder from the antivirus and then install the monitoring software.
1. Before downloading and installing Activity Monitor Agent disable real-time file protection of the antivirus. For this click on icon of the protection program in the system tray and select Open AVG User Interface command:
Open AVG configuration
2. Click Computer icon:
Open protection settings
3. Disable antivirus protection and then click Settings link to configure exclusions:
Disable real-time protection and open settings
4. Select Exceptions in the tree on left side and then click Add exception button
Select Exceptions page
5. In the appeared dialog select Folder as Exception type and type C:\Windows\sysnchrb (or copy the folder name from here) as excluded folder and press OK. Take into account that you can not click Browse and select the folder since Agent is not installed yet
Adding folder into exclusions
6. Check that C:\Windows\sysnchrb folder is added in exclusions table on Advanced Settings window and press OK button to save all changes.
7. Now, when protection is temporary disabled and Agent’s folder is added to exclusions, you can install Activity Monitor Agent software on that PC.
8. After the agent is installed, enable antivirus protection using steps (1), (2), (3)
After following these steps you can monitor this PC from Activity Monitor admin console without any problems. AVG Antivirus 2013 Free will ignore presence of this software and will not notify monitored user.